July 3, 2011
Today was our last day in Stockholm. John and Hedwig had a long walk around the former royal hunting grounds known as the Djurgarden. However, it was a work day for Karen and me. Since I was in the conference center all day I will use this last posting to collect some random thoughts. Number one: when you enter a shop in Stockholm, everyone greets you in a friendly manner by saying “Hey!” The correct response, should you ever need to know it is, “Hey! Hey!” Number two: yesterday we went to a very famous food hall, where the meat, produce, and cheeses were beautifully displayed. I thought the site of the woman writing the sign next to the moose head was funny. Number three: Stockholm is, by far, the most expensive city I have ever visited. For that reason I am including the picture of the four of us holding our badly abused credit cards. Number four: another interesting finding was O’Leary’s Sports Bar, which is clearly a franchise, as we saw it in Stockholm and Uppsala. If I didn’t include the street sign in the photo you would think we were in Boston, as O’Leary’s had decals in the window from the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots. Only Boston teams were there. Hmm…I wonder if there is a Boston expat (or should I say ex-Patriot, get it?) in Sweden? The last picture is the classic view of Stockholm from a boat ride we took yesterday on the way back from the Vasa museum. It is a nice way to remember the so-called "Capital of Scandinavia."
Today was our last day in Stockholm. John and Hedwig had a long walk around the former royal hunting grounds known as the Djurgarden. However, it was a work day for Karen and me. Since I was in the conference center all day I will use this last posting to collect some random thoughts. Number one: when you enter a shop in Stockholm, everyone greets you in a friendly manner by saying “Hey!” The correct response, should you ever need to know it is, “Hey! Hey!” Number two: yesterday we went to a very famous food hall, where the meat, produce, and cheeses were beautifully displayed. I thought the site of the woman writing the sign next to the moose head was funny. Number three: Stockholm is, by far, the most expensive city I have ever visited. For that reason I am including the picture of the four of us holding our badly abused credit cards. Number four: another interesting finding was O’Leary’s Sports Bar, which is clearly a franchise, as we saw it in Stockholm and Uppsala. If I didn’t include the street sign in the photo you would think we were in Boston, as O’Leary’s had decals in the window from the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots. Only Boston teams were there. Hmm…I wonder if there is a Boston expat (or should I say ex-Patriot, get it?) in Sweden? The last picture is the classic view of Stockholm from a boat ride we took yesterday on the way back from the Vasa museum. It is a nice way to remember the so-called "Capital of Scandinavia."
1 comment:
As always, a fascinating trip to a land I've always wanted to visit. I have a friend there and hope to get there someday....when I'm old enough!
Glad you two had such a great trip! Lots of love from us, Del, Lynn and Tim
Post a Comment