To most readers of this blog, the picture at the top looks pretty routine--a lab technician doing something at a computer. However, when I saw this woman I almost started to cry. Why? Well, I was visiting Verinata Health in Redwood City, California. Verinata is the company with which I consult. As we were having a tour of their new labs, a Federal Express truck arrived with blood samples from pregnant women who were getting tested for fetal chromosome abnormalities. Reader, I performed research for 35 years to get to a point where a test could actually be used in prenatal care, and here it was. Very exciting! Note that geneticists also have a sense of humor--the signs on the bathroom reference XX and XY. Lastly, I took a picture of this blue tube against the yellow wall because I thought it looked very sculptural. It could be in the Museum of Modern Art, but in reality it is an OSHA-approved device to suck organic chemical fumes out of the air.
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment