Monday, June 18, 2012

Miami's Best Mojitos


June 2, 2012



Chuck and Sy kindly drove me to Miami’s South Beach, where I was embedded for four days. Although I had a fabulous view from my hotel room I never actually got to swim in the ocean. On the first day the International Society of Prenatal Diagnosis’ Board of Directors met for five hours at the conference hotel, the Loew’s.  Afterwards we had dinner at YUCA, which stands for “Young Urban Cuban American.”  We had a large variety of Cuban tapas, along with intensely green mojitos.  Mojitos are the signature drink of Miami Beach. They contain rum, soda, simple syrup, and mint. Over the week I had a mojito in three different restaurants; YUCA’s were, hands down, the best!! I don’t know what made the drink so intensely green…perhaps they puree the mint leaves? In any event, the photos show various members of our board relaxing at dinner with their mojitos.

No comments: