Saturday, March 23, 2013

Conference, Cocoa, and Cows

January 19, 2013

At the conference

Swiss cocoa!!


Blue cow on a building
Red cow in lobby
My brief time in Bern can be summed up with the title of this posting: conference, cocoa, and cows. The main purpose of my trip was to deliver a lecture, which I did. In the photo at left I am shown with Daniel, the conference organizer and Chair of Obstetrics at the University of Bern Hospital, and Zevke, a Turkish Ob Gyn, who has lived in Basel for many years. She also lectured at the conference.

During my visit I was obsessed with getting the perfect cup of hot chocolate "mit schlag" (with whipped cream), and I did!




I think the Swiss, however, are obsessed with cows. I saw real cows and fake cows all over the place. Check out the blue cow on the side of the building (it was a factory that makes tools involved in cheese production) and the red cow in the lobby of the hotel I stayed in at the Zurich airport!






















No comments: