Today I flew to London for a series of meetings related to my work as Editor-in-Chief of the medical journal Prenatal Diagnosis. London was sunny and unseasonably mild. My first meeting was for lunch at a restaurant on Baker Street, which, as all Sherlock Holmes fans know, is the street where he lived. I couldn't help but notice the irony of this particular movie with this title playing at a theatre on Baker Street! The second ironic image is more of an "in" joke because the person with whom I was meeting is a sort of "king" in the prenatal diagnosis world. He works at King's College Hospital. My meeting was at 5PM and I liked the view of the sunset through the gate to the hospital.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Irony in London
Today I flew to London for a series of meetings related to my work as Editor-in-Chief of the medical journal Prenatal Diagnosis. London was sunny and unseasonably mild. My first meeting was for lunch at a restaurant on Baker Street, which, as all Sherlock Holmes fans know, is the street where he lived. I couldn't help but notice the irony of this particular movie with this title playing at a theatre on Baker Street! The second ironic image is more of an "in" joke because the person with whom I was meeting is a sort of "king" in the prenatal diagnosis world. He works at King's College Hospital. My meeting was at 5PM and I liked the view of the sunset through the gate to the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment