October 6, 2012
One of the reasons that I prefer Delta is that I really like their in-flight magazine, Sky. My usual routine after boarding a flight is to read the magazine from cover to cover while waiting for take-off. Today, as I was heading to Denver via Minneapolis, I saw this article about the egg chair. Readers of this blog know that I wrote about the egg chair and the SAS Royal Hotel during my recent (September) visit to Copenhagen http://comeflywithd.blogspot.com/2012/09/arne-jacobsens-ants.html Coincidence? If you can't read the photo here it says that the egg chair was designed in 1958 and was supposed to be a modern twist on the classical wing chair. The first egg chair was sculpted out of clay in Arne Jacobsen's garage. By the way, Arne Jacobsen was Jewish and he had to leave Denmark during World War II. He moved to Sweden where he designed fabrics. It is possible to by an authentic (new) egg chair today--at a price of $4,500!
One of the reasons that I prefer Delta is that I really like their in-flight magazine, Sky. My usual routine after boarding a flight is to read the magazine from cover to cover while waiting for take-off. Today, as I was heading to Denver via Minneapolis, I saw this article about the egg chair. Readers of this blog know that I wrote about the egg chair and the SAS Royal Hotel during my recent (September) visit to Copenhagen http://comeflywithd.blogspot.com/2012/09/arne-jacobsens-ants.html Coincidence? If you can't read the photo here it says that the egg chair was designed in 1958 and was supposed to be a modern twist on the classical wing chair. The first egg chair was sculpted out of clay in Arne Jacobsen's garage. By the way, Arne Jacobsen was Jewish and he had to leave Denmark during World War II. He moved to Sweden where he designed fabrics. It is possible to by an authentic (new) egg chair today--at a price of $4,500!
No comments:
Post a Comment