Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Son Grows in Brooklyn


April 15-16, 2013

I was standing on line in security at Dulles airport when the first of many email messages showed up on my blackberry about the tragic bomb explosions at the Boston marathon. I had been at a meeting on treatment for Down syndrome over the weekend, and I was en route to New York City to give a lecture. In between I grabbed the opportunity to visit Elliott and his roommate Samson, at their new 3 bedroom duplex apartment in the East Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. 
The picture of the church below is the view from Elliott’s bedroom. It makes an interesting juxtaposition with the spray painted word “gothic.” 
We had an excellent Mediterranean-style dinner at Zizi Limona. The next day I went to Soho to see Elliott’s workplace at Skillshare and met his boss and colleagues. The office is a large open work space and no one appears to be older than 30!


No comments: