Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Bear-ly" in Denver





April 29-May 3, 2011

During a weekend that was book-ended by two huge international news stories, my beat went on with yet another cross-country trip. This time it was to Denver for the "Pediatric Academic Societies" annual scientific meeting. One thing that was special about this trip was that I met people I knew on both of my flights (to Minneapolis and to Denver). Other than that, I basically lived for four days in the downtown Hyatt or the Colorado Convention Center. They are across the street from each other and that is what I saw of Denver. The giant statue of the bear is adjacent to the entrance to the convention center. He looks like he really wants to know the latest information on pediatric treatments!

Most of the time it was cold and cloudy but one day I could see a snow-capped mountain from my hotel room. A highlight of the trip was visiting with my second cousins, Nick and Gary, and getting to meet their cute children Lucca and Dani.

No comments: