June 20, 2013
During my first visit to Copenhagen last September I enjoyed
the Danish Design Museum so much that I wanted to return. Plus, the Admiral
Hotel was only a few blocks away.
They were having a special exhibit on British
textiles from the 1950s and 60s.
I went with my British colleague, Lyn, who is shown here enjoying a pattern from the 60s.
The textiles from the 50s stirred a memory of my grandmother (Nanny Ling Ling's) apartment on East End Avenue. I could swear that she had curtains in a very similar fabric and color.
I went with my British colleague, Lyn, who is shown here enjoying a pattern from the 60s.
The textiles from the 50s stirred a memory of my grandmother (Nanny Ling Ling's) apartment on East End Avenue. I could swear that she had curtains in a very similar fabric and color.
The exhibit progressed into the psychedelic era,
which had less appeal (although I must say I am looking very "mod" in the photo!)
During this visit I noticed that Arne Jacobsen (see post from September 2012) had designed plumbing fixtures that we selected for our first floor bathroom during our recent home renovation. I wonder if I was subtly influenced by my previous visit to the museum?
During this visit I noticed that Arne Jacobsen (see post from September 2012) had designed plumbing fixtures that we selected for our first floor bathroom during our recent home renovation. I wonder if I was subtly influenced by my previous visit to the museum?





No comments:
Post a Comment