Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Au Pair Reunion


September 7, 2012
The Four Ks

The Birthday Boy and His Sister

The home
The giant slug!

The extended family
From 1991-1992 we had a Danish au pair named Karina who helped to take care of Josh and Elliott. We have kept in touch with her over the years, and four years ago she and her family visited us in Boston. They now live in a suburb about 30 km north of Copenhagen called Slangerup.  Shortly after my arrival in Denmark Karina picked me up and drove me to her house, where I spent a pleasant (if jet-lagged) day with her husband, Kurt-Christian, daughter Kathrine (age 14), son Kasper (it was his 10th birthday), and the giant snails that “eat everything.” By that time I was tired, so I took a nap. Afterwards I felt energetic enough to try the “Just Dance” exercise game in Wii against Kasper!

No comments: