Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lost in Translation

September 19, 2012

On my last day here I had some free time to visit the very nice art museum at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. To celebrate the Year of the Dragon they had an exhibit on the dragon in art and in imperial objects.
There was a spectacularly carved set of armoires that I would have loved to bring home for the Charlestown condo!

Would these look great chez nous?
Afterwards I took the subway to Tsim Sha Tsui to pick up a dress I had made at "my" tailors.

What germs? TB? Staph?
I hadn't eaten lunch, so I stopped at a bakery and had to photograph this sign. Something was lost in translation! Was it supposed to say Germany??? I passed on the germs, but instead got something called a "Cheese Pork Floss" roll that turned out to be pretty good.

No comments: